HOME MADE 2021
The Homemade summercamp is 1 week of DIY soldering & geeking fun. The participants work on individual or group projects on music, robotics, visuals and other art related topics.
During this participative research week we will do workshops and talks, run experiments, cook & eat together, swim, party and relax
31.7. - 8.8.2021
Please add your notes and thoughts here!
Ralf / Cologne --> "Singing-String" (Monochord Workshop)
I already had the singing string in my luggage last year. Now it can be built. The singing string is a simple monochord built with an electronic circuit that makes the string play by itself. Funny instrument for noisy & industrial sound experiments and as harmonic drone machine. http://ralfschreiber.com/Saiten_Experimente.html
Coordinates: 46°51′57″N 7°10′20″E
There is also a lake (Schiffenensee) pretty close by, not very easily accessible, but possible to get into it with a few minutes walk.
Rooms & places
We are not directly at the castle (ppl live there!), but in a house next to it. We can use parts of the castle for particular things / events in addition, also some of the rooms for accommodation, see below. Generally this is just a draft and subject to change! See also planning notes below.
- Outside hackcenter: huge space with a roof, perfect for hacking & making, and maybe also for eating?
- Second floor of hackcenter: second level hackcenter? (parts further up are sleeping spaces?)
- Kitchen & living room: might serve for food, but might be too small. Rather for workshops etc?
- Roof-space: big room indoors perfectly serves for workshops & talks (might be hot in there in the summer, we'll see)
- Garage 1: nearly without windows, maybe a nice dark-room-area for music and such?
- Garage 2: with windows and heating, also a workshop / making / hackcenter area or so? Or also music, to keep it a bit "aside"?
- Scheune (barn): HUUUUUUUGE hall, not sure if we even need it at all...? Maybe also as sleeping space?
- Castle-tower: Might serve for a special BBQ-event or alike?
- Castle-taverne: Might be a good place for music-installation (if acoustics serve that at all?)
(see more in Planning notes)
- There are enough chairs and a few tables available on site.
- The house has a normal household-kitchen which is unequipped. There is a Gas-BBQ-Thingy that also can serve for 1 big pot in addition.
- The house has around 4-5 Bathrooms, mostly with shower.
- There are around 5 rooms in the farmhouse that can serve as sleeping rooms only - we will organize mattresses, please bring your own sleeping bag or a blanket!
- There are 3-4 proper "hotel room like" 2-bed rooms in the castle which can be used for ppl with special needs (e.g. families)
- There is space to set up a tent
- There is plenty of open "attic" space that would serve perfectly as sleeping places (bring your own bedding!)
- There are many more minor options, choose yourself on site!
- Let the Orga know what you'd like to do:
- A) tent,
- B) bring your bedding and choose your place,
- C) you want one of our mattresses in the shared rooms,
- D) you need a proper bed (very limited)
- E) you sleep in your own vehicle (and you'd like to have a nice place for that)
fee for the whole week
SGMK Members CHF 295.-
non SGMK Members CHF 345.-
daily fee 50.-
the fee includes food, accommodation and basic material. As we are getting the venue way below a reasonable price (the owner likes us and wants to support SGMK) any higher amount as a donation is highly appreciated!)
mail to email@example.com
TODO: We need to figure what info we need from ppl with registration, e.g. sleeping needs, pick-up needs etc. So for now please add any info you might find relevant, Thanks!
- Train to Fribourg,
- change train to Pensier,
- we will provide a shuttle to the castle - please form travel groups! (Bildet Banden!)